Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The latest...

The holidays are in full swing at the Brake house. I promised myself when I started this blogging venture I would update it atleast every month...WELL, here we are more than two months down the road & no new posts...its amazing how time flies! But fortunately, I have my mother who provides gentle intermittent reminders to keep everyone in the loop via Under the Big Sky...this is my second winter in Missoula & I must say its a vast improvement over winter 2009. The pow (that's skier terminology for powder) has been dumping consistently in Western Montana the past week & many downhill ski areas opened on Thanksgiving...SUPER early. I love driving past all the die-hard ski bums as they head up to Snowbowl with their skis in tow...its an exciting almost palpable energy. I try to keep J updated as I receive the daily snow report from Big Sky via e-mail. Speaking of November 30th report just came in:
Depth mid-mountain 32"
Depth upper-mountain 53"
Expected high 18 F
Whoo Hoo!! Sorry guys, I've been really into weather lately. ;)

J & I headed out for a x-country ski day at Pattee Canyon on Sunday afternoon...it was lovely. We hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday...you were all in our minds & hearts as we gathered around our table with friends to give thanks to our creator for what he has so abundantly given.

This blog wouldn't be complete today if I didn't mention our new little addition, Moses. Moses chose to come & live with us after we visited him in the pet store this past October just shy of Halloween. Joel has had a blast tracking down the latest & greatest feline inventions & toys...I even came home after a weekend away at a women's health conference to a cat toilet a.k.a CatGenie. Believe it or not, it works!!
His little personality truly lights up our world.

Delivery!

Brrrr!


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment