Saturday, June 4, 2011

Our One Year Anniversary Adventure

Joel & I chose Sedona, Arizona to spend our one year anniversary & it did not disappoint. I scoured the internet for weeks pre-anniversary looking for great deals (btw I love researching, sifting through tripadvisor reviews, bartering with hotels, etc. I must take after my mother...I might come back as a travel agent in my next life). I came across a fantastic little B&B called Adobe Grand Villas. Since our anniversary fell on Sedona's off-season, we scored a terrific deal.

http://www.adobegrandvillas.com/

Antiquities Villa

I included the website & highly recommend this B&B. The villas are just an accompaniment to the ambiance of romantic Sedona.

Hiking Devil's Bridge with the belly

I am SO very grateful to many of you for your prayers & encouraging words during the first few months of my pregnancy. Fortunately, I felt amazing throughout our entire anniversary trip. We started off in Denver & met up with friends & family for the U2 concert at Invesco (Mile High) stadium. I don't think I could possibly convey how amazing that concert was. Joel, of course, is a U2 concert veteran (this was his 4th or possibly 5th U2 musical experience). We were surrounded by loved ones & that made the experience all the more special.

Joel & I squeezed some baby shopping in during the latter part of our Denver trip...boy oh boy was that fun! My husband gets all the credit for tracking down this hip little baby boutique called Firefly Furnishings.

Firefly Furnishings Cherry Creek North, Denver

We purchased our Capretti crib in snowdrift, a Storytime Series Benji swivel/glider chair in apple green & a Relics changer/dresser in a deep midnight blue with a distressed finish (I loved the finish because it gives the piece a little more of a vintage feel). Joel & I also picked out the paint color for the nursery (fortunately, I was successful in deterring him from bright orange--his favorite) & we went with a spiced vinegar (close to what I would consider "latte" or "medium sand"). Who knew picking out furniture & paint colors could be this fun? We had a ball brainstorming & attempting to put into words a vision that was unique to us.

Grand Canyon South Rim
Truly an amazing & blessed year.

Much love to you all,

No comments:

Post a Comment